-Por favor considere hacer una donación a HUNE exentos de impuestos:

-Please consider making a tax free donation to HUNE:

        HUNE Inc.

In order to request an Independent Evaluation the School District must have conducted an Evaluation and you DISAGREE with their findings/evaluation.

Put your request in writing, (click here for sample letter) send original to the Principal of the School where your child attends, and send a copy to the Regional Special Education Director and/or Case Manager, and to your Advocate and/or Lawyer.

  • An Independent Evaluation is an evaluation done by a qualified person who is not employee of the school district.

  • Parent may request an Independent evaluation if they disagree with the school district evaluation.

  • The school district must pay for an independent Evaluation or request a due process hearing to show that its evaluation is appropriate.

  • A parent may also have a child evaluated by an independent professional at their expense.

  • The IEP team must consider the recommendations of an independent evaluation when designing a program for the child, as long as the evaluation meets the same requirements as the school district evaluation. 

  • An Independent Evaluation may be used as evidence at a due process hearing.

Independent Evaluation